A new destination from Orbx and the second airport by Jordan Gough, L05 Kern Valley is in the stunning Lake Isabella area, approximately 35 nautical miles North-East of Bakersfield, CA.
The airport features a small, single 3500ft runway general aviation airfield with camping, a café and maintenance facilities. Being a high elevation airport and in the desert, a flyer needs to make careful performance calculations before take-off as the density height may reach up to 8000ft on a sweltering day.
A gateway to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Kern Valley is in the perfect location to make a stop on your journey north from the Los Angeles Basin, and is also just a stone’s throw away from other Orbx airfields designed for FTX NA Southern California.
• Over 250 square km of 80cm imagery
• Sharp 30cm scenery around the airport
• Accurate representation of Kern Valley Airport using real on site photos
• High resolution airport buildings and runways
• Animated trees around the airport that have almost zero impact on performance
• TextureFlow optimised for better frame rates
• Amazing mountainous rural location
• For Orbx FTX NA Southern California region