The Open Beta version of the free-to-play digital battlefield game and simulation environment, Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) 2.5 is now available.
The final ‘release’ version will be available shortly after Open Beta testing is complete.
DCS World 2.5 includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It also includes a flyable Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the World War Two North American TF-51D fighter. In addition, more than two dozen aircraft are available for purchase.
The download comes with a powerful mission planner, full network play and more than 156 AI weapons systems, 105 ground vehicles and trains, 50 air defense systems, 19 ships and 84 AI aircraft. DCS World is massively extensible through additional DCS modules as well as user-made add-ons and mods which you can purchase and download from our site.
It is a true “sandbox” simulation that covers multiple time periods such as WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Gulf War and others. Current regions to battle include the Caucasus, Nevada Test and Training Range, and Normandy 1944. New maps in development include the Persian gulf, Syria and others.
DCS World is fundamentally a deep, authentic and realistic simulation designed also to offer a more relaxed gameplay to suit the user and his particular level of experience and training. The ambition is to hand hold users from novice pilot all the way to the most advanced and sophisticated operator of such complex weapons systems as the A-10C Warthog or the F/A-18C Hornet. The only next step is the real thing!
Key features of DCS World 2.5:
• Internally developed graphics engine that looks amazing from 0 to 80,000ft
• Detailed map of the Caucasus region, including south western Russia and Georgia
• 20 fully-equipped operational airbases, millions of buildings and trees
• Thousands of kilometres of usable roads and railway.
• Play all DCS World modules from one DCS World version
• State-of-the-art graphics with amazing lighting, shadows, and performance
• New effects for explosions, clouds, fog, fire, and smoke.
• Hundreds of land, air and seaborne AI vehicles
• Create your own missions and campaigns
• Mission generator including rapid mission creation
• Multiplayer support, even fly together in the same aircraft for multi-crew missions
• Mouse interactive 6 degrees of freedom cockpits for most aircraft
• Accurate flight models, cockpit systems, sensors, targeting systems and sounds
• Purchase and fly the most authentic simulations of the A-10C Warthog, UH-1H Huey, F-86F Sabre, Spitfire, and many others now.
• New aircraft coming to DCS World like the F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18C Hornet, F-4E Phantom II, Mi-24P Hind, P-47D Thunderbolt, and many more
• Purchase additional high-quality maps such as Normandy 1944 and the Nevada Test and Training Range.
• Play hundreds of missions and campaigns with new campaigns continually created.
• Both hardcore realistic and casual gameplay modes and options available.
• Virtual reality support.