Aerosoft has announced Aspen XP is now available for X-Plane 11.
Listed as one of the most dangerous destinations in the US, Aspen-Pitkin County/Colorado’s Sardy Field poses a serious challenge to aircraft operating in and out of the airport. In fact, pilots landing there require special training due to the steep approach path.
Due to its surrounding terrain, night operations are prohibited and aircraft must take off and land in opposite directions. As if that wasn’t enough the unpredictable weather of the Colorado mountains means you might experience rapidly deteriorating conditions and be forced to divert.
The package recreates the airport as it is today with the new extended runway, updated taxiways, fire station, terminal and hangars, all modelled with high-resolution textures. Furthermore, you can explore dozens of custom local landmarks such as Aspen High School, chapel, and the recreation centre.
• Baked high-resolution textures with ambient occlusion shadows and light maps for all objects
• 19.000km2 coverage with high-resolution day and night textures
• Tarmac and runway markings with specular effects
• Helipad at Aspen Valley Hospital included (ICAO 6V7)
• Jerome and Benedict Music Tent
• Custom Aspen-style autogen houses and mansions
• Static aircraft and 3D people
• Animations using Autogate
• Accurate runway slope using custom mesh
• Compatible with HD Mesh v4 and World Traffic 3